Thursday, January 05, 2006

First Wisconsin winter ride

I went for my first bike ride in Wisconsin in the winter today. It was cold but not really all that cold by WI standards (32F). I was wearing my biking shorts, AMfib tights (these are key - great gift from Aunt Juli and Uncle Joel two years ago), booties, skull cap, long sleeve coolmax undershirt, long sleeve Patagonia thermal layer, a nylon wind breaker jacket and gloves. And a helmet, of course. It really wasn't that bad except that the air was pretty cold to breathe when my heart rate and breathing rate went up. Hard on the old lungs. Maybe next time I'll wear a face mask. Or maybe I'll ride indoors on the stationary trainer during the winter. :-P

2 comments:

Roger-Kelly said...

Andy - it sounds to me that you had so many clothes on, I want to know how you were able to bend your knees to be able to peddle the bike ;-)

Anonymous said...

Keep on keepin on!