Monday, January 23, 2006
Emily the Sicky
Today was finally going to be a relatively normal day at work since the sensei left. However, that turned out to be not the case. I was in the plant out in low bay (we call it low bay, because the ceilings are much lower than the ceilings in high bay) going through a mini action workout as a result of last weeks lean event. I felt pretty good all morning, except right before our action workout at around 11am. I started to feel a little weak, and funny. Anyway, we're all out in low bay, talking about how to present material to the line, and all of a sudden, I start blacking out, and I'm hanging onto these orange carts to keep myself up. One of the guys who works for me, took me outside, where I sat down on the sidewalk, and proceeded to vomit my breakfast into the bushes. After that, I felt a lot better. However, because low bay has lots of fumes from paint and solvents, we moved our workout to the warehouse. So, I hung in there for another 10 minutes, when all of a sudden, I felt like I was blacking out again, and I was really hot. So, I called Andy to pick me up and take me home. I didn't want to drive myself. As a result, I have been home sick for the rest of today, sleeping for most of it. I woke up around 5:30, and did some work. Andy made us dinner (Hot Tomales, vegetables, and chocolate pudding). I must be feeling a lot better, as I have eaten all of my dinner. Hopefully, I will be ok to go back to work tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment