Thursday, January 26, 2006

Date Night

Emily and I went on the best kind of date night possible -- car shopping and burgers. What guy could ask for more? We are probably going to get a chili-pepper red Saturn Vue with a 5-speed. At first I wanted the Storm Grey color, but the red is really nice, and I'm ready for something with a little more flavor after having a bland silver car for 3 1/2 years. So the dealer is locating one and we'll probably go pick it up on Monday. After hanging out at the Saturn dealership, we decided to head to Culver's to get burgers for dinner. On the way we passed by the Pontiac dealership and they had a shiny new Solstice parked out front.


We stopped and gawked for a few minutes -- the car is hot hot hot. Really clean lines and nice proportions. I can't wait to get one. It was interesting that the dealership also sold Mazdas and so they had a bunch of new Miatas sitting around. We both kept saying how the Miata just doesn't compare to the Solstice, not even close. Good job Lutz!

At Culvers I had a mush-swiss-burg and Em had a fish sandwich. It was good, but it made us miss Kopp's burgers a bit. If Kopp's is a 10 then Culvers comes in around 5 (w/ McD's being a 0). Anyhow, just some good clean fun and a day's worth of saturated fat.

3 comments:

Erica said...

You 2 are too cute! I LOVE date night, oh yeah, not dating anyone...hmmm. Well, if I was on the dating scene I would totally dig a date night like yours :)

Roger-Kelly said...

I need a date night! It's been a long time since we have planned a real date. Valentines day is just around the corner, hmmmmm....maybe I will need to set one up! KAK

Anonymous said...

Yes, a date would be nice. In the morning, afternoon or at night.:-)

Katie Rose