St. Nick made a delivery to our house today. A note was part of the package, and stated, "St. Nick thinks the two of you have been pretty good this year, and is sending you a little something...." Andy got a coffee sampler and a bag of mini biscotti's. I got a black shirt w/ candy canes on it(It came in the black bag w/ candy canes). THANKS ST. NICK!St. Nick is something that I grew up with. It was very common in our community in WI. However, the first year Andy and I were together, I had St. Nick pay him a visit, but he had no idea what St. Nick was.
When we were kids, Erica and I would hang our stockings up on the fireplace, and St. Nick filled them with treats and trinkets. This occured on the night of December 5th. On the morning of the 6th, we would always wake up to find our stockings full. Tangerines, popcorn balls, and peanuts in the shell were always a part of the spread, with other little toys and trinkets, or whatever St. Nick could find. We always thought of St. Nick as the indicator of how good Santa was going to be to us. If you got coal from St. Nick, you had a little under a month to shape up, or else! For some reason, I want to say that Erica and I got coal once, but I can't remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment